- The ABCs “Big Ideas from the Bush” – A panel discussion moderated by Cathy Van Extel from ABC
- “Influencing to accelerate action on digital inclusion- why, what, and how?” – Steamed Plenary facilitated by John Huigen – The Australian Digital Inclusion Alliance
- A hands on Workshop Facilitated by JimWyatt( Optimi Digital) “How can communities secure better broadband?”
Plus a valuable networking opportunity for all delegates and speakers.
Please note the program is subject to change and we will update you as more of our exciting speakers and presenters are confirmed.
The Broadband for the Bush Alliance (B4BA) hosts an annual forum to address the issues of Internet connectivity in regional, rural and remote Australia. The 2018 forum will be held at Charles Darwin University, Darwin on 7-8th June 2018. It will be preceded by the Indigenous Focus Day on the 6th June, 2018. The 2018 Forum VII “Digital Connectivity: What Next?” invites you to join us to consider the success stories and our shared digital evolution as we look to the future of digital technology and social inclusion in regional, rural and remote Australia. See this document for more information. See also Sponsorship Package 2018
B4BA Survey: Assess the availability, quality and reliability of internet and telehealth services in Australia
B4BA is doing a national survey to evaluate people’s access to internet, telecommunications and their understanding of telehealth services available through videoconferencing.
During recent years significant effort has been made to increase the availability of internet access and telehealth services in Australia and B4BA is keen to evaluate the impact of this investment.
Your participation in this survey would be appreciated. Below is the link to the survey:
The survey is being done by B4BA with assistance from the Northern Institute, Charles Darwin University and support from the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN). This national survey will evaluate people’s access to internet, telecommunications services and understanding of new health services available via the internet.
Closing date: 15th May, 2018
- Proposal to introduce Indigenous Digital Inclusion as a Closing the Gap key performance measure (letter)
- Towards a digital strategy for the NT (recommendations)
- Media Release July 2017
- Forum VI Communique
About the Alliance
The Broadband for the Bush Alliance (B4BA) is an alliance of organisations that seeks to advance the digital capacity and capability of remote Australians. B4BA seeks the best possible communication outcomes for Australians not currently scheduled to receive fibre to the premise through the National Broadband Network and to advance unmet communication needs, as a significant related issue.
The key focus of the Alliance is:
- The expansion of mobile coverage
- Getting digital infrastructure right – both the rational use of existing infrastructure and expanding infrastructure
- Smart last mile solutions for small towns and communities
- Affordable pricing for telecommunications
- Improved digital literacy
- Good research to underpin remote communications policy
- Improving Indigenous communications programs