Broadband for the Bush Alliance
The Broadband for the Bush Alliance (B4BA) hosts an annual forum to address the issues of Internet connectivity in regional, rural and remote Australia.
To support our Forum Promotional Campaign, please download a Forum brochure to share in your networks.
In 2017, the Alliance is hosting the Broadband for the Bush Forum VI: Remote Connected and Savvy! at the Esplanade Hotel, Fremantle WA, Marine Terrace & Essex St, Fremantle WA 6160
It begins with an invite-only Indigenous Focus Day on June 21, 2017, followed by the Main Forum on 22-23 June 2017.
We welcome sponsors, speakers and delegates to this page and website. Delegates please register now and check our the accommodation options and local information.Check out the Featured Speaker of the week and the program information.
Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org 0418750236, 0414813491
Registration now open. Speakers will be sent a code to use at registration after program is finalised. Please wait. Sponsors will be sent a code to register after agreements are finalised.
We are delighted to annouce our Keynote Speakers. Sponsors by Testra Australia, our forum will be inspired by Dr Hugh Browlow, Telstra Chief Scientist, a Futurist with a global reputation.
Hugh S. Bradlow is President of the Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering, and Chief Scientist at Telstra Corporation. In the latter role he acts as a “forward scout” looking at the longer term technology directions and technology disruption that will impact Telstra and its customers.
Prior to becoming Chief Scientist he was Chief Technology Officer and Head of Innovation at Telstra, responsible for the introduction of new technologies into Telstra’s business.
Exciting new sessions
The speakers submissions are in and we are processing them to fit into a great program for you. Check out the exciting session planned by Geoff Trowbridge of Scientific Aerospace about the impact of using drone technology. He is one of 30 great speakers.
We are sharing some speaker abstracts and profiles as they are finalised. It’s a fantastic lineup.
Help us spread the word. Our Forum campaign is now on. Please distribute our brochure in your networks. We are looking forward to seeing many WA faces in our forum and hearing about the great program and remaining issues in WA Communities and regions.
Presentations with facilitated discussion organised by themes. We have provided lists of speakers by themes as their sessions are designed.
- Keynote and plenary speakers
- Digital inclusion in the bush – exploring best practice models to facilitate accelerated digital inclusion across rural and remote Australia
- Regional innovation – from digital isolation to digital revolution
- Policy and regulation – advancing digital capacity and capability in regional, rural and remote Australia
- Technology in action – emerging technologies keeping us connected and safe
Thankyou so so much to the Sponsors who make Broadband for the Bush VI possible.
Principal Sponsor – WA Government- Department of Commerce, Labour Relations and Industry Development
- Vodafone Australia
- Ursys Australia
- Facebook Australia
- Desert Knowledge Australia
- Encapto Wi-fi
About the Alliance
The Broadband for the Bush Alliance (B4BA) is an alliance of organisations that seeks to advance the digital capacity and capability of remote Australians. B4BA seeks the best possible communication outcomes for Australians not currently scheduled to receive fibre to the premise through the National Broadband Network and to advance unmet communication needs, as a significant related issue.
The key focus of the Alliance is:
- The expansion of mobile coverage
- Getting digital infrastructure right – both the rational use of existing infrastructure and expanding infrastructure
- Smart last mile solutions for small towns and communities
- Affordable pricing for telecommunications
- Improved digital literacy
- Good research to underpin remote communications policy
- Improving Indigenous communications programs