Speakers Hub 2017
Thankyou for considering speaking at the 6th Broadband for the Bush Forum. Your voice is important as we pursue our theme Remote, Connected and Savvy!
Links: Speakers for the Indig Focus Day, Main Forum Speakers Kit, Speakers Template
We invite you to consider our themes in your preparation. Our program for both the Indigenous Focus Day and the Main Forum will be organised by themes. More detail on themes.
- Digital inclusion in the bush – exploring best practice models to facilitate accelerated digital inclusion across rural and remote Australia
- Regional innovation – from digital isolation to digital revolution
- Policy and regulation – advancing digital capacity and capability in regional, rural and remote Australia
- Technology in action – emerging technologies keeping us connected and safe
The whole event is a conversation, so think about what conversation you will facilitate with your audience, rather than offer a long presentation.
The program will contain
- Keynote speakers
- Stream keynotes, who will be selected from the speakers lists
- Session leaders, who facilitate a conversation using their experience as examples
- World café and facilitated discussion groups
What can speakers expect?
You can expect to prepare for a 20 minute timeslot, where we expect you to speak for 10 minutes which leads into a discussion activity for a further 10 minutes. This will allow three 20 minute speakers per hour.
We will sort speakers into our themes and provide you with further information on Preparation for Presenting, including AV requirements.
We may select some speakers for a stream keynote which is a longer 30 minute session, more in presentation style.
We may also ask speakers to help us during the event: recording outcomes of discussions, faciliating small group disussions, participating in panels, and introducing speakers.
Speakers registration fees are waivered for the Forum. There may be opportunity to apply for travel support to the forum, especially for Indigenous speakers. You may also seek your own sponsorship to the forum, whereby contributions to your speaking attendance will be acknowledged.
A Sample Speakers Submission may be useful.